This is my portal page of bits and pieces.
Packages & functions
- base::unique(). More than one variables.
- Remove NA. 1) any NA-related parameters, particularly in built-in function? 2) if not, do something like
d <- d[!is.na(d)]. Note:
d != NAdoes NOT work! Read more.
- Group data.frame into subgroups by column: split(). It may be really slow if the column is factor.
- write lines to a text file, e.g. write Log file
- File manipulation:
file.exists(), file.create(), file.remove(), file.append(), file.append(), file.copy(), file.symlink(), file.link()
- Save and load R objects
- getopt package for parsing command parameters
- XML package: reading, parsing, creating XML files
- stringr package: make easier to work with strings, such as but not limited to proper dealing with NAs and zeros.
- tm package: text mining framework
- reshape2 package: restructure and aggregate data using just two functions: melt and cast.
- R Markdown: a format that enables easy authoring of reproducible web reports from R. In practice, knitr package first weaves R markdown (.rmd) files into plain markdown (.md) files, and then markdown package converts markdown files into HTML documents.
- Sweave: weave Rnw files into TeX files that are then compiled into PDFs. The purpose is to create dynamic reports, which can be updated automatically if data or analysis change. In practice, you may use knitr (homepage), an R package that adds many new capabilities to Sweave.
- Slidify: write slides in Rmd format. Example.
- d3Network: create d3 JS directed network graphs.
- RCurl: curl interface of R
- print() – leading numbers, cat() – no leading numbers
- Redirect console output to variable: capture.output() and sink()
- file.path() constructs the path to a file from components in a platform-independent way.
- foreach for parallel computation.
- Circos like plot
- India’s demographics with information from Wikipedia (code). The author first fetched and parsed data from HTML table by readHTMLTable(), then do various text cleaning. Finally, plot the result by googleVis, ggplot2, wordcloud, and corrplot packages.
- 10 enterprise predictive analytics compared platforms